Workplace Rehabilitation Coordinator
|Job Title:||Workplace Rehabilitation Coordinator|
|Reference:||PC - 11- 9|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||November 13, 2019 17:47|
Public Sector People are seeking an experienced Workplace Rehabilitation Coordinator to join our local council client based in Logan Central. The role will be responsible for coordinating stay at work and return to work processes for work and non-work-related injuries. To provide the best outcomes for injured workers, managers, supervisors and council and to assist in driving down costs associated with injury and ill health in council workplaces.
- Negotiate with injured/ill workers, managers, supervisors, medical and allied health providers for the best stay at work or return to work outcome.
- Assist in identifying suitable duties and develop return to work plans in consultation with injured/ill workers, managers, supervisors, medical and allied health providers.
- Provide advice to management and coordinate external services (if required) for modifications required to the work environment for suitable stay at work and return to work outcomes.
- To assist with ergonomic assessments where more complex issues are raised, and to implement effective strategies to assist with the reduction in work related injuries.
- Collaborate with Human Resources Business Partners and Health and Safety Advisors in the People and Culture Branch on the management of overlapping issues relating to stay at work and return to work processes.
- Work closely with the Workers Compensation and Injury Management Advisor to ensure an understanding of the current case load and to collaborate on the development of effective strategies to improve processes.
- Maintenance of the Pre-Employment Functional Assessment Program and liaise with Councils provider on any identified opportunities to improve the process.
- Maintain case notes and suitable duties plans that are factual, up-to-date, comprehensive and free of opinions or irrelevant matters.
- Educate all levels of an organisation about the return to work process including early intervention strategies.
- Capacity to provide sound advice and coordination of stay at work and return to work programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively as part of a high performing team to ensure achievement of outcomes including building, maintaining and fostering good relationships with colleagues and clients and team members.
- Capacity to provide specialist expertise and advice on stay at work and return to work initiatives to workers and Managers.
- Demonstrated ability to provide support to injured workers with work related injuries or conditions with empathy and maintaining a focus on the best outcomes for the individual and Council
- Working collaboratively with other areas of the People and Culture Branch including Human Resources Business Partners and Health and Safety Advisors.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's