Water Project Manager
|Job Title:||Water Project Manager|
|Reference:||PC - 9 - 8|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||September 05, 2019 14:33|
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as a Project Manager with one of Sydney's largest local councils. The successful candidate will effectively coordinate and lead operational water management of the City’s parks and open spaces to meet the City’s water targets. Also responsible to deliver on the parks water savings action plan and contribute to the City being a leading environmental performer in line with the Sydney 2030 strategy.
- Develop, implement and manage water projects to enable responsible, holistic water management of the City’s parks.
- Ensure projects are effectively planned, designed, procured, managed, constructed and completed at the highest possible quality standards, using best practice project and asset management principles and delivered within the constraints of adopted time frames and budgets.
- Manage ongoing service contracts relating to water management within parks (operational and maintenance of recycled water and irrigation systems) to drive reductions in potable water use.
- Ensure operations and assets are managed efficiently, best practice approaches to water management and innovation are embedded in contracts and outcomes are monitored and measured.
- Coordinate delivery of holistic water management across City parks through engagement with internal and external operational staff.
- Effectively collect and analyse water use data. Monitor issues and trends in water use across the parks portfolio, act on data to ensure operational issues are addressed quickly and identify and address (where possible) gaps in data required to drive performance.
- Champion best practice standards, through client side roles, for efficient parks water use and ensure asset management, service delivery and strategic requirements are achieved.
- To be held accountable for working conditions under the control of the position and for detecting any unsafe or unhealthy conditions or behaviour and to take immediate steps to investigate and rectify any risks to health, safety and welfare arising from any activity.
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in Engineering, Sustainability or Environmental Management.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and monitoring water projects and strategies to meet organisational objectives.
- Experience in leading, managing and controlling multiple projects and contracts that provide value for money, are delivered on time and achieve corporate objectives.
- Project management experience and a track record in managing all stages of the project life-cycle including feasibility, consultants and contractors, documentation, authority approvals, procurement processes, contract administration, process development and implementation, risk management and handover.
- Class C NSW driver’s licence or equivalent.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.