Waste Management Officer
|Job Title:||Waste Management Officer|
|Contact Name:||Emma Murphy|
|Job Published:||September 22, 2020 17:16|
This is a contract opportunity for a role that will be advertised permanently, so there will be the opportunity to apply for and transition into a permanent role. Given the current Covid restrictions, you will be initially working from home and conducting site inspections.
We are seeking a Band 5 or Band 6 officer, with previous local government experience.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain an understanding of, and monitor Council’s current diversion from landfill and evaluate against Municipal, State and National targets.
- To ensure the kerbside collection contract is being operated in a safe and correct manner and performing within the parameters set by the contract.
- Ensure that landfill rehabilitation, remediation and aftercare programs are achieved in accordance with EPA regulations and guidelines, including the development and implementation of landfill inspection programs.
- Assist in development of tender specifications and contract documents, evaluation of tenders and contract administration/management.
- Identify opportunities to improve Council’s waste services for waste minimisation and make recommendations for continuous improvements.
- Degree or Diploma in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or related field with some relevant experience OR less formal qualifications with substantial relevant experience.
- Sound oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated sound knowledge of waste management operations, including kerbside collection, public place collections and transfer stations.
- Experience in Landfill rehabilitation and aftercare.
- Demonstrated understanding of contract management.
- Immediate start.
- Contract to perm opportunity.
- Attractive hourly rate.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's