Urban Forester - Arborist
|Job Title:||Urban Forester - Arborist|
|Contact Name:||Emma Murphy|
|Job Published:||March 05, 2019 12:03|
As part of the Urban Forest and Ecology team, the Arborist will work to protect and enhance the growth, development and diversification of the city’s urban forest to meet Council goals. A core focus of the role is to implement Council’s Tree Retention and Removal Policy in order to ensure policy compliance and management of the tree removal process. The Arborist is expected to provide expert advice on a range of tree matters on behalf of Council.
You will develop a strong working relationship with the professional contractors who deliver the onsite tree maintenance and tree planting works for the city. You will implement the Tree Retention and Removal Policy, ensure compliance; and manage the tree removal process.
This role would suit an Arborist who wishes to broaden their Metro Melbourne experience within a highly sought after council or for a Consulting Arborist in the private sector wanting to transition into Local Government.
- AQF Level 5 or above, Diploma of Horticulture and/or equivalent experience.
- Ability to undertake the assessment of the health, structure, and stability of trees.
- High quality of report writing skills, along with strong communication skills.
- Develop your experience and expand your CV within a very popular inner metro council.
- Join a team known for their delivery of quality tree management and replacement programs.
- Work with a council everyone wants to work for!
- Possibility for contract to be extended or transition into a permanent role.
Alternatively, please e-mail your current resume in Word format using the link below.