Urban Designer - Band 5
|Job Title:||Urban Designer - Band 5|
|Contact Name:||Emma Murphy|
|Job Published:||March 29, 2019 12:17|
You will contribute to the high quality, sustainable design and revitalisation of better places in the Local Area by assisting with developing, monitoring, implementing and reviewing a broad range of urban design projects and other duties as directed, under the supervision of the Unit Manager Urban Design.
You will be responsible for Urban design for Council’s Place Management
Programs, Structure Plans, Activity Centres, shopping strips and other places; Prepare and implement plans, strategies, technical guidelines, frameworks, site analysis and development feasibility studies; Provision of urban design referral advice; Preparation of graphical information; and
This role is suited to a candidate who has had previous experience within the public sector.
- Demonstrated understanding of current urban design and landscape architectural principles and relevant legislation.
- Developed conceptual, problem solving and analytical skills.
- High level graphic and computer literacy skills including experience with CAD programs such as AutoCAD, graphic design programs such as Adobe Creative Suite and 3D modelling programs including Sketch Up is desirable.
- Initial short term contract with fantastic council, likely contract will be extended.
- Take this opportunity to play an integral role in the development of this popular Melbourne area.
- Add to your portfolio with an inner metro council.
Alternatively, please e-mail your current resume in Word format using the link below.