Traffic Engineer - Road and Water Infrastructure
|Job Title:||Traffic Engineer - Road and Water Infrastructure|
|Reference:||PC - 11 -1|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||November 04, 2019 06:15|
The role will involve investigating written and verbal complaints about traffic engineering matters, including desktop analysis and on-site inspections, communicating outcomes with customers and elected representatives. Mostly office based with some relatively short distance travel required to inspect outdoor locations within road environment.
Provide professional traffic engineering advice within the Road Infrastructure Planning Branch, other Council entities and external
organisations as required. This includes professional traffic engineering advice to:
- Transportation and Infrastructure Planning program on various stages of transport network planning
- Development Assessment branch in relation to road access and traffic impact assessment matters
- Road Infrastructure Delivery program on road design and other various road infrastructure delivery matters concerning traffic
- standards, signs, line marking, and local area traffic management
- Department of Main Roads, Queensland Transport on traffic safety and effectiveness matters especially concerning the State
- and Local infrastructure complementary impacts on traffic management
- Other road safety partner organisations on traffic safety and efficiency
- Report to the Traffic Program Leader regarding traffic matters arising from the Roads and Water Infrastructure Committee and Road Safety Advisory Committee, and conduct all work associated therewith.
- Develop proactive (or reactive) management plans and strategies for Logan City traffic management of local roads, including signal network and bike-way facilities.
- Design and certify traffic related works (intersections, traffic signals, bike-ways etc) instructions and project briefs.
Demonstrated high level of knowledge and previous experience in the following:
- The traffic regulations and practices eg the Manual Of Uniform Traffic Control Devices, relevant Australian Standards and current practices traffic/transport planning
- Project management of traffic planning and operations
- Active transport (bike-way) planning and design
- Development assessment with a specific focus on assessment of traffic impact and access requirements
- Experience in disciplines listed above, within a government area would be highly regarded.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's