Traffic Engineer - Local Government
|Job Title:||Traffic Engineer - Local Government|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||March 11, 2020 17:03|
Public Sector People are currently seeking an experienced Traffic Engineer to join our local government client on a full-time contract for up to 12 months. This is a fantastic opportunity to work within the public sector and work across a range of projects with one of Sydney's largest councils.
- Assess and implement strategies and engineering solutions to improve and maintain traffic efficiency, equitable parking supply and, safety of road users.
- Capture and analyse traffic data to identify relevant issues and predicted growth.
- Develop recommendations, solutions and timely responses to traffic, parking and safety matters.
- Issue and monitor instructions for construction works, and prepare and implement local area traffic management schemes.
- Participate in project planning, feasibility assessment and development of consultant and other briefs to assist in the delivery of local area traffic, pedestrian and road safety studies and initiatives.
- Provide clear, timely and accurate advice and consultation responses to internal and external customers to assist with decision making.
- Prepare funding submissions and administer grants for the treatment of traffic matters.
- Obtaining approvals for the installation of traffic facilities through the Local Traffic Committee process. Design outputs are to comply with legal statutes and relevant standards
- Undertaking the approval process and providing assessment for specific applications in accordance with relevant Acts (eg. Roads Act, Section 138 – Works on Roads)
- Managing civil/traffic design projects
- Consulting and liaising with Council officers, the community, public utilities and government authorities in relation to traffic matters
- The successful candidate should be proficient in using AutoCAD and have Class C Drivers Licence.
- It would be preferred but not essential for applicants to have the ability to use traffic modelling software SIDRA.
- A Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
- Previous Traffic Engineering experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.