|Job Title:||Traffic Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||August 17, 2020 06:30|
Public Sector People are currently seeking an experienced Traffic Engineer to join our local government client on a 3 month contract. The Traffic Engineer will be responsible for the provision of traffic, transport and road safety engineering advice to Council and its customers across a range of matters to create a safe road environment.
- Undertake safety and traffic flow analysis and development applications of new plans based on information sharing to ensure ongoing and consistent development and maintenance of plans for special events, emergency management, road incidents and major projects.
- Assess and implement strategies and engineering solutions to improve and maintain traffic efficiency, equitable parking supply and, safety of road users.
- Capture and analyse traffic data to identify relevant issues and predicted growth.
- Develop recommendations, solutions and timely responses to traffic, parking and safety matters.
- Issue and monitor instructions for construction works, and prepare and implement local area traffic management schemes.
- Participate in project planning, feasibility assessment and development of consultant and other briefs to assist in the delivery of local area traffic, pedestrian and road safety studies and initiatives.
- Provide clear, timely and accurate advice and consultation responses to internal and external customers to assist with decision making.
- Prepare funding submissions and administer grants for the treatment of traffic matters.
- A Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence.
- Previous Traffic Engineering experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on 0403 242 600
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's