|Job Title:||Traffic Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||March 23, 2020 06:16|
Public Sector People are currently seeking an experienced Traffic Engineer to join our local government client on a 3 month contract. The Traffic Engineer will be responsible for the provision of traffic, transport and road safety engineering advice to Council and its customers across a range of matters to create a safe road environment.
- Assess and implement strategies and engineering solutions to improve and maintain traffic efficiency, equitable parking supply and, safety of road users.
- Capture and analyse traffic data to identify relevant issues and predicted growth.
- Develop recommendations, solutions and timely responses to traffic, parking and safety matters.
- Issue and monitor instructions for construction works, and prepare and implement local area traffic management schemes.
- Participate in project planning, feasibility assessment and development of consultant and other briefs to assist in the delivery of local area traffic, pedestrian and road safety studies and initiatives.
- Provide clear, timely and accurate advice and consultation responses to internal and external customers to assist with decision making.
- Prepare funding submissions and administer grants for the treatment of traffic matters.
- A Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence.
- Previous Traffic Engineering experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.