|Job Title:||Traffic Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||February 10, 2020 08:46|
To assist and contribute to the development and implementation of a safe and efficient traffic and transport system in the Local Government Area, by design investigations, implementation and management of traffic and transport facilities including assessment of road occupancy applications.
- Developing, implementing policies and procedures and/or providing recommendations which relate to traffic, transport and road safety matters.
- Developing, implementing policies and procedures for the assessment of road occupancy applications.
- Analysis and implementation of public transport systems in the LGA.
- Providing Council with expert advice on traffic and road safety matters including the investigation, analysis, formulation of solutions, and preparation of reports.
- Assist in the administration of the Local Traffic Committee, including preparation of the report and attending the Local Traffic Committee meetings.
- Representing Council in various community forums in relation to traffic, transport and road safety issues.
- Seeking necessary approvals, including advertising and technical advice for traffic management road permits, road closures (temporary and permanent) and traffic requirements in accordance with the NSW Local Government and Roads Acts.
- Planning, project management, co-ordination and implementing traffic and transport projects programs within budget constraints and agreed time frames.
- Ensuring effective liaison and communication with external organisations and stakeholders including Roads and Maritime Services, Transport for NSW, Department of Planning & Environment on land use/transport interaction.
- Ensuring Council’s traffic/transport resources are used responsibly, safely and efficiently.
- Extensive and demonstrated experience in traffic management, including assessment of road occupancies applications, in accordance RMS Guidelines.
- Extensive experience in the assessment and processes for approval of traffic facilities.
- Extensive experience in the assessment and processes for approval of road occupancy permits.
- Experience in dealing tactfully and effectively with people at all levels.
- Experience in Local Government or other similar organisation
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's