Tender and Contracts Officer
|Job Title:||Tender and Contracts Officer|
|Reference:||Pc - 6 - 12|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||June 18, 2019 06:46|
The Tendering & Contracts Officer works under general direction from the Tendering & Contracts Coordinator, and regularly works closely with a variety of stakeholders including management, Councillors, private industry, and other government and statutory authorities, including giving direction to other staff and contractors in the execution of relevant contracts.
- The Tendering and Contracts Officer position is part of Council's corporate procurement program.
- There will be guidance / assistance offered during the running of tender processes (from start to finish), extending contracts and general advice in line with our policies and procedures to meet legislative requirements.
- This role is heavily process based, as such we require someone who will be able to follow detailed instructions and who is a quick learner with attention to detail.
- We require someone with a tendering background and understand contract execution.
- The role also requires a lot of use in Word based systems including setting up complex Excel spreadsheets and formatting large Word documents.
- We also use Open Windows and Document Manager heavily. Experience in these programs is highly regarded.
- Team culture is very important to us, as such we need someone who has a great attitude and will fit in with the team.
- Tendering practices experience and Contract execution
- Word (including formatting large documents) / Excel (formulas) / Outlook / Powerpoint
- Demonstrated high level computer skills, including demonstrated experience in using a Contract management Software system and electronic tender portal as well as experience in using the Microsoft suite of products, Finance 1 will be highly regarded.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's