Technical Officer (Traffic)
|Job Title:||Technical Officer (Traffic)|
|Salary:||Negotiable dependent on experience|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||June 11, 2020 11:34|
- 6 months- start ASAP
- Northern Suburbs - Strathpine
- $50-70 per hour plus superannuation (Neg)
- Develop and provide input to planning for high quality multi modal transport solutions considering amenity, connectivity, efficiency and safety of users.
- Provide technical input into the planning, analysis, coordination and development of integrated transport concept plans that respond to user needs and are consistent with council’s strategic principles and policies.
- Provide technical input into the investigation, planning, analysis, design and development of solutions to customer enquiries relating to road safety, traffic and transport issues.
- Operate within a multi-disciplinary team for the planning and design of innovative solutions that integrates transport, water sensitive design, street scaping and urban design outcomes
- Contribute technical knowledge and assist in establishing contemporary best practice transport planning and design guidelines.
- Provide technical input to the preparation of complex strategic and technical reports for consideration by council.
- Provide support for the development of annual capital works budgets using a prioritised and staged approach to the delivery of integrated transport outcomes and the development, coordination and oversight of capital works programs
- Degree in transport planning, civil engineering or relevant experience in transport planning/engineering
- Experience in a similar role applying technical knowledge to integrated transport and land use matters
- Ability in applying investigative, analytical and research skills with the ability to read and interpret technical drawings associated with integrated transport, infrastructure and land use concept plans and designs
- Demonstrated written, oral and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment communicating effectively with all levels of the organisation and the public.
- Ability to apply project management skills with a technical work context
- Demonstrated time management skills to achieve proficiency and effectiveness in managing conflicting priorities and meeting deadlines