|Job Title:||Systems Accountant|
|Start Date:||Monday 8th February|
|Contact Name:||Bryony Reid|
|Job Published:||January 28, 2021 08:31|
- Monday 8th February – Friday 7th May
- Northern Suburbs
- $38.63 per hour plus super
- MagiQ and Authority
- Manage and maintain independently Council’s financial data and reporting systems, i.e. MagiQ and Authority.
- To carry out regular internal system audit of all financial systems using ACL Analytics software.
- Coordinate and prepare various corporate reports, such as Monthly Financial Report, payroll data, long term plan, strategic and operating budget, projected financial statements and VAGO ratios in an efficient, effective, accurate and timely manner and continually review its process and procedures.
- As finance business partner, provide advice in relation to budget preparation, costing and forecasting, internal reporting and performance analysis to assist Directors, Managers and Coordinators to achieve their strategic corporate business objectives.
- Manage and deliver high quality budgeting and management reporting functions with strong customer service and in line with recognised industry best practice to enable council to make informed decisions
- In collaboration with the Financial Accountant Coordinator complete Council’s Annual Financial Report and ensure the accurate maintenance of accounting records.
The following qualifications and/or experience are required for the position:
- Degree or diploma in Finance or related discipline and some relevant experience or lesser formal qualifications with substantial experience.
- High proficiency in the use of computer systems and databases, including programs such as TRIM, SQL, Visual Basic, ACL scripting and a range of spreadsheet applications.
- Extensive experience in data manipulation, analysis and interrogation.
- CPA qualifications preferred or equivalent are mandatory.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity or other positions within Local Government, please contact Bryony Reid on (03) 8535 3111.
Job has Expired
GET SIMILAR JOBS LIKE THESE BY EMAIL
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's