Sustainable Resources Project Officer
|Job Title:||Sustainable Resources Project Officer|
|Reference:||PC - 1 - 11|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||January 09, 2020 17:01|
The role will provide local places and spaces that are clean and healthy and turn awareness and commitment into action to halt or reserve the effects, pressures and threats on the built and natural environment by working in collaboration with community and other stakeholders.
- Implementing priority actions identified in Council’s Clean Cities Strategy.
- Implementing priority actions identified in Council’s Resource (waste) Management Strategy.
- Develop and participate in the implementation of projects, strategies, policies, guidelines and procedures that align with this commitment specifically:
- Implementing a range of environmental programs, including both corporate and community programs.
- Ensuring all allocated tasks are completed in an efficient and competent manner within the time frame specified.
- Implementing actions and development of new initiatives that ensure Council and the community are moving towards sustainability.
- Undertaking assessments of planning applications in accordance with Part G of Council’s Development Control Plan.
- Implementing monitoring and reporting protocols in order to achieve improved sustainability outcomes for Council’s operations.
- Minimum degree level qualifications in an environmental, educational discipline or equivalent.
- Relevant local government experience.
- Strong capacity or sound experience in the development of strategies, policies and programs related to environmental sustainability and/or waste management.
- Availability to work flexible working hours.
- Current NSW Driver's Licence (Class C).
- Experience working across the NSW WHS Act 2011, WHS Regulation 2011 and the Work Health and Safety (WHS) Management System to ensure a safe place of work.
- Proven project management community engagement and waste education experience
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's