Spatial Projects Officer | GIS
|Job Title:||Spatial Projects Officer | GIS|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefernmann|
|Job Published:||September 01, 2019 21:01|
We are currently working in partnership with multiple councils that are seeking GIS professionals for short & long term contracts across the QLD area.
General Duties Include:
- Project manage and deliver spatial projects for internal customers as identified through Geographic Information Systems Service Plan, Council’s corporate plan and other strategies.
- Support the implementation and promotion of the Geographic Information Systems Services Plan and other corporate strategies requiring geospatial analysis, research and innovation.
- Engage with the project teams, internal stakeholders, state & federal government and other agencies to source spatial data to assist delivery of spatial projects.
- Provide specialist spatial advise, support and training to internal customers with regards to spatial applications.
- Implement spatial projects that enable Council to continuously improve service delivery, strategic planning and asset management.
- Maintain strong proactive relationships with business stakeholders across the organisation
- A relevant tertiary qualification related to Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Information Technology (IT) Systems and/or relevant industry experience
- Local Government experience
- Experience manipulating and analysing complex spatial data
- Good understanding of database management systems