|Job Title:||Site Engineer|
|Salary:||$43.28 p/h plus super|
|Start Date:||March 30th 2020|
|Contact Name:||Luicia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||March 09, 2020 13:01|
Public Sector People are currently seeking an experienced Site Engineer to join our local government client on a 9 month contract. This role is perfect for someone seeking their next short-term contract in the Public Sector and is looking for work life balance.
The primary purpose of this role is to procure and oversee road infrastructure construction works to achieve exceptional results in project delivery. Your experience in road infrastructure construction and engineering will allow you to keep Council’s procurement schedule on track and manage the day to day operational matters for your allocated projects.
- As the Superintendent’s Site Representative, you will provide effective administration of your road infrastructure construction contracts and ensure that all contractual matters are resolved in timely manner whilst fostering favorable relationships with Council’s contractors.
- Resolve technical and engineering matters to support project delivery and provide timely and accurate advice on technical aspects of works as required in consultation with the Senior Project Engineer.
- As a specialist in construction procurement, prepare procurement documentation as well as analysis of quotation submission and prepare contract documents.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Civil)
- Demonstrated knowledge of civil road and drainage construction and rehabilitation techniques.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the procurement of civil infrastructure construction contracts.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the administration and management of civil construction works contracts as Superintendent's Site Representative or Superintendent’s Representative.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Workplace Health & Safety Requirements for management of direct staff and construction works delivered by Principal Contractors.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining quality assurance systems and records pertaining to construction works.
- Possess ability to communicate and deal with people at all levels and to make prompt reliable decision within the bounds of allocated responsibilities.
- An ability to manage competing priorities is key, as you will need to be able to manage multiple work fronts within challenging deadlines
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Lucia Schefermann on 038 535 3100 | firstname.lastname@example.org