Senior Urban Designer
|Job Title:||Senior Urban Designer|
|Reference:||PC - 05 - 04|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||May 05, 2019 05:46|
Public Sector People are seeking an experienced Senior Urban Designer to join our Local Council Client in North Brisbane. This is a great opportunity and will be a 6-month contract role with the possibility of extension.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to team members to achieve required outcomes, within required time-frames and in a professional manner.
- Develop and maintain a high standard of innovation and technical competence in urban design and place-making and provide advice to the unit about these functions.
- Partner and foster strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to facilitate major projects and key policy reform within a customer focused culture within the team.
- Manage tasks and complex projects to achieve performance outcomes and contribute to the strategic direction and vision of the division.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of key policy around the planning scheme, infrastructure planning, significant major projects and key place-making activities.
- Represent Council at a range of customer meetings, community and business forums.
- Contribute to the review of the activities, business processes, procedures and policies of the strategic planning and economic development teams to ensure relevance, currency and timely best practice outcomes and customer service are achieved.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role or a role requiring a similar skill set.
- Comprehensive knowledge of planning, urban design and placemaking processes, including the Planning Act 2016, SEQ Regional Plan, Council local laws and policies, or the ability to quickly acquire this information.
- Demonstrated high level of judgment, conceptual and analytical skills in formulating, applying and adapting policies, using strategic approaches to achieve desired community outcomes.
- Highly-developed interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to communicate complex concepts and negotiate sustainable outcomes.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.