Senior Transport Planner
|Job Title:||Senior Transport Planner|
|Reference:||PC - 05 - 06|
|Contact Name:||Paul cullen|
|Job Published:||May 05, 2019 05:46|
Public Sector People are seeking an experienced Senior Transport Planner to join our Local Council Client in North Brisbane. This is a great opportunity and will be a 6-month contract role with the possibility of extension.
- Undertake investigation, compilation and presentation of complex strategic studies and reports on transport initiatives.
- Assist in the review, development and implementation of a total transportation strategy including components for public transport, roads, car parking, travel demand management, walking, cycling, behavioral change and freight haulage matters, including the required transport models to support these strategies.
- Provide specialist expertise to the department and other stakeholders on transport planning matters and contribute to the development and implementation of operational policies, procedures and practices.
- Assist in the development of integrated transport and land use planning initiatives operating within multi-disciplinary teams to achieve desired outcomes.
- Develop creative transport planning and land use ideas, breaking away from standardised, prescriptive, risk-averse methods to support the creation of high-quality transport and spatial planning solutions.
- Assist with the effective and efficient coordination and stakeholder consultation of integrated transport planning and compiling and presenting complex strategic and technical reports for consideration by Council.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role or a role requiring a similar skill set.
- Comprehensive knowledge of integrated and sustainable transport and spatial planning practices.
- Demonstrated high level of judgment, conceptual and analytical skills in formulating, applying and adapting policies, using strategic approaches to achieve desired community outcomes.
- Highly-developed interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to communicate complex concepts and negotiate sustainable outcomes.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.