Senior Strategic Planner
|Job Title:||Senior Strategic Planner|
|Contact Name:||Emma Murphy|
|Job Published:||March 05, 2019 11:48|
As a dedicated Strategic Planner and Project Manager for the Council’s Structure Planning process, your assignment will include the following focused tasks:
- Facilitate and coordinate inputs from Council staff, senior executive and elected members to inform the structure plan opportunities and requirements;
- Facilitate and coordinate inputs from relevant stakeholders and government agencies;
- Prepare a short briefing paper that outlines key policy and place-based objectives for the Structure Plan;
- Facilitate a DRAFT Communications and Engagement Plan in line with Council’s established protocols;
- Write a clear and comprehensive project brief for eligible consultants to undertake the structure plan;
- Prepare Request for Quotation documentation in line with Council’s procurement policies;
- Lead the procurement process with advice from Council’s Procurement department, to ensure successful appointment of an appropriate consultant;
- Prepare a background briefing presentation for the appointed consultant.
- Tertiary qualification in Town Planning, Urban Studies, Environmental Planning, or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning in a public sector context.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage projects of varying size and complexity.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position and other opportunities within Metropolitan and Regional Victoria, please contact Emma Murphy at PSP on (03) 8535 3111.
Alternatively, please e-mail your current resume in Word format using the link below.