Senior Statutory Approvals officer
|Job Title:||Senior Statutory Approvals officer|
|Salary:||Band 6-7 | + $58 p/h plu super|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||September 30, 2020 22:01|
• Ban6 / 7 depending on experience $58 p/h +
• Start ASAP!
• Flexible hours offer work-life balance
I am working in partnership with a Local Council located South of Brisbane. We are looking for experienced Approvals Officer for a contract role.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Support the team in meeting its objective of planning for roads and drainage infrastructure to meet growth, service level and compliance drivers. Provide specialist environmental and statutory approvals services and advice to inform the optimisation of roads and drainage infrastructure solutions.
- Lead the delivery of the program’s environmental and statutory approval processes, with all approvals in place prior to
- Undertake stakeholder engagement to ensure project drivers and inputs are well understood and used as input to the
environmental and statutory approvals process.
- Participate in negotiation of property issues relating to the approvals process with Council’s property team.
- Provide expert environmental and approvals advice to the Project Development and Infrastructure teams as well as the wider road business
- Establish, facilitate and maintain links with local government, regional partners, State Government Agencies (such as DEHP, Healthy Waterways, Queensland Health) with respect to the program’s environmental and statutory approval processes
- Appropriate degree qualification, with relevant experience in environmental approvals and statutory land use planning in the
context of Local Government.
- Expert level of experience in managing environmental and statutory approvals processes construction projects in a complex environment and constrained timeframes. Water and wastewater experience is preferred.
- Expert level of understanding of land, easement and acquisitions management.
- Sound relevant experience in construction project development
Knowledge and understanding of roads and drainage infrastructure planning, design process, construction and management
- Demonstrated skills in word processing, spreadsheet and project management software, as well as sound skills in the use of
databases, Geographic Information System (GIS) and computer-aided drafting applications
- Experience in a similar project design and delivery support role for a council, government or road authority or consulting engineer is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of project management frameworks. Project Management experience and qualifications highly
Public Sector People
(03) 8535 3111