Senior Spatial Projects Officer | GIS
|Job Title:||Senior Spatial Projects Officer | GIS|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||August 26, 2019 11:46|
- Work within a large, diverse organisation
- Enjoy being part of a strong team
- Great access to excellent transport links
- Start ASAP - 4 month contract- full time hours
Public Sector People are currently inviting applications for the role of a Senior Gis Officer to join a Council in Melbourne's outer West suburbs, 30km from the CBD.
General Duties Include:
- Project manage and deliver spatial projects for internal customers as identified through Geographic Information Systems Service Plan, Council’s corporate plan and other strategies.
- Support the implementation and promotion of the Geographic Information Systems Services Plan and other corporate strategies requiring geospatial analysis, research and innovation.
- Engage with the project teams, internal stakeholders, state & federal government and other agencies to source spatial data to assist delivery of spatial projects.
- Provide specialist spatial advise, support and training to internal customers with regards to spatial applications.
- Implement spatial projects that enable Council to continuously improve service delivery, strategic planning and asset management.
- Maintain strong proactive relationships with business stakeholders across the organisation
- A relevant tertiary qualification related to Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Information Technology (IT) Systems and/or relevant industry experience
- Local Government experience
- Experience manipulating and analysing complex spatial data
- Experience in the use of QGIS, ESRI ArcGIS or IntraMaps
- Experience in dealing with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers
- Good understanding of database management systems