Senior Safety and Wellbeing Business Partner
|Job Title:||Senior Safety and Wellbeing Business Partner|
|Contact Name:||Paul Gleeson|
|Job Published:||October 29, 2021 16:02|
- Work across all departments, developing, implementing, and coordinating health, safety and wellbeing practices to enable a safe and healthy working environment for Council employees, contractors and volunteers
- Support continuous improvement of Councils integrated risk, health, safety and wellbeing strategies and objectives by driving cultural change through the facilitation of effective partnerships across the organisation.
- Influencing the adoption of organisation-wide, best practice workers’ compensation, injury prevention and early intervention injury management practices to drive the reduction of claims and premium costs.
- Contributing to the design, development and implementation of an integrated health, safety and wellbeing strategy, framework and positive cultural change.
- Supporting and guiding the organisation through coaching and mentoring staff, contractors and volunteers on Council’s expectations prescribed in its risk, health, safety and wellbeing systems.
- Minimising the organisation’s exposure to risk, health, safety and wellbeing issues, enable all employees to maintain an appropriate level of health and wellbeing to enable their positive contribution to Knox, and prevent or reduce the frequency and impact of risks, hazards, incidents and injuries on employees, the organisation and to the community.
- Engaging, consulting and developing strong relationships both internally and externally in the delivery of high quality, customer focused services and the provision of advice, using a risk management outlook.
- Actively demonstrating the organisation’s values in all leadership approaches and activities.
- Providing comprehensive case management of ill and injured employees, including return to work and Work Cover financials on a needs basis. The position also focuses on proactive and early intervention programs designed to reduce the incidence of injury and illness.
- Consult with key stakeholders and collectively act immediately in circumstances where there is a significant safety risk which could result in a serious loss, injury or fatality, including placing a temporary halt on work processes as required.
- This role may also be required to carry out other such duties as are within the limits of the employee’s skills competence and training
To be considered for the role, you will hold relevant qualifications in OHS and/or significant experience in safety management. You will possess strong influencing and stakeholder engagement skills, the ability to drive change, be well organised and to lead from the from. Working history in a similar role within Local Government/Councils will be preferred.
The role requires the successful candidate to work onsite across the councils operations and office location. Relevant probity and COVID-19 status vaccination will be required as per Public Sector employment requirements under Victorian Government Safety guidelines.
Public Sector People has been Retained as an exclusive recruitment partner for this assignment and any direct applicants to Knox City Council will be referred to PSP to be included in the recruitment process for transparency. Applications close Sunday 21st November, 2021
Register your application online and to obtain a ‘Candidate Information Pack’ contact:
Paul Gleeson (Business Leader - Search & Selection Practice).
E – email@example.com
Job has Expired
GET SIMILAR JOBS LIKE THESE BY EMAIL
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's