Senior Planner - Policy
|Job Title:||Senior Planner - Policy|
|Reference:||PC - 5 - 18|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||May 20, 2019 06:15|
Public Sector People are seeking an experienced Senior Planner to join our Local Council Client in North Brisbane. This is a great opportunity and will be a 6-month contract role with the possibility of extension. The successful candidate will have a strong background in strategic policy and planning.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to team members to achieve required outcomes, within required time frames and in a professional manner.
- Develop and maintain a high standard of innovation and technical competence in strategic planning and/or urban design and provide advice to the unit about these functions.
- Partner with key internal and external stakeholders to facilitate major projects and key policy reform within a customer focused culture within the team.
- Pro-grammatically manage tasks and complex projects to achieve performance outcomes and contribute to the strategic direction and vision of the division.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of key policy around the planning scheme, infrastructure planning, significant major projects and key place-making activities.
- Represent Council at a range of customer meetings, community and business forums.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role or a role requiring a similar skill set.
- Comprehensive knowledge of strategic and land use planning processes, including the Sustainable Planning Act and soon to commence Planning Act 2016, Council local laws and policies.
- Demonstrated high level of judgment, conceptual and analytical skills in formulating, applying and adapting policies, using strategic approaches to achieve desired community outcomes.
- Highly-developed interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to communicate complex concepts and negotiate sustainable outcomes.
- Degree in Urban and Regional Planning recognised by the Planning Institute of Australia
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.