Senior Payroll Officer
|Job Title:||Senior Payroll Officer|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||January 18, 2021 16:16|
- ASAP Start
- 38 hours a week
- 2 months
- Southern Suburbs
- Take responsibility for the co-ordination, development, and maintenance and reporting of Council’s payroll business processes and systems, as directed by the Payroll Administrator.
- Termination and Superannuation experience required.
- Process the payroll for all pay groups on a fortnightly basis ensuring gross, taxation and banking amounts balance.
- Ensure Council’s payroll database systems are operating at optimum efficiency, coupled with promoting and leading, a continuous improvement program in line with software upgrades and forward directions of the Council.
- Maintain, audit, confirm all time, costings, exceptions and leave entitlement records and also update changes to employee database records, given authorization to relevant awards, pay rates, taxation legislation, superannuation returns (casuals and projects), council’s policies and procedures.
- Responsible for preparation of wage related statistics for Australian Bureau of Statistics, the accurate preparation of Taxation forms and reconciliations, together with compiling Department of Social Security advices.
- Responsible for periodic payroll deductions and on call leave registers.
- Responsible for accurate, master file batch and update entries, data input from all relevant sources, to ensure council’s employees are accurately paid, and all payroll entries are costed correctly to respective cost account codes in council’s financial systems.
- Demonstrated specific knowledge, ability and practical experience in payroll systems and application of relevant awards, industrial relations issues, current employee entitlements, taxation reforms and superannuation legislations.
- Demonstrated well developed skills, in understanding and interpreting the human resource, payroll costing and financial implications, associated with accrual accounting of employee entitlements, to the interfaced financial system.
- Tertiary qualifications in personnel, finance or commerce or related disciplines, would be an advantage and high regarded.
Job has Expired
GET SIMILAR JOBS LIKE THESE BY EMAIL
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's