Senior Media & Communications officer
|Job Title:||Senior Media & Communications officer|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||August 14, 2019 11:32|
Working within the Communications Department, the successful candidate will be tasked with performing a pivotal role in providing high-level strategic media advice to the Council. This is a pivotal position within the organisation and you must have a well-developed sense of political acumen and confidence and ability to build and maintain close working relationships.
This opportunity would ideally suit someone stepping out of a similar role within Local or State Government.
About the role:
- Draft, edit, publish and maintain content for Council’s social media and website and complimentary services.
- Handle all media for sensitive political matters.
- Tertiary qualification in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism
- Previous experience in website design, maintenance and social media
- The ability to research, write and proof editorial content for media releases & responses, major publications, advertisements and online technologies
- Well developed sense of political acumen and demonstrated understanding of working within a political environment
- Ability to build and develop positive relationships across the organisation, with Councillors and the community
- Communication strategy background will be looked upon favorable
- Immediate temporary role in the North - East of Melbourne
- Temporary assignment | 2-3 months
- Friendly and supportive team
Please submit your resume in Word format using the link below.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's