Senior Landscape Architect and Public Domain Specialist
|Job Title:||Senior Landscape Architect and Public Domain Specialist|
|Reference:||Pc - 10 - 15|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||October 14, 2019 06:16|
This position is responsible for expert Landscape Architecture and Public Domain advice to support the City Light Rail Stage 1 project. The role involves the provision of design advice to represent CoPC interests and achieve an outcome, which ensures that the Light Rail project positively integrates into the fabric of the City - including addressing complex urban design, landscape, environmental and heritage issues and interfaces. This role will focus on review of the design phase of the Light Rail project.
- Prepare and/or project manage the provision of specialist design advice to inform the delivery of significant, transformational public domain improvement projects.
- Prepare, project manage and implement the delivery of public domain strategies, studies/investigations and projects as required to contribute to Council’s Major priorities and Strategic Objectives.
- Prepare strategic information, program and project plans that detail resources required over the life of the project and establish effective reporting and monitoring for the initiatives.
- Manage strategic, complex, diverse, sensitive programs, projects, committees and multi-disciplinary teams determined by the Manager City Strategy, Council’s Operational Plan and those arising from any relevant resolution, minute report or policy adopted by resolution of the Council.
- Manage the integration of urban design, transport planning, land use planning, economic development, environmental and social outcomes in the delivery of projects.
- Research and analyse data, trends and strategic information, then integrate into the delivery of Council’s Major Priorities and Strategic Objectives to ensure coordinated solutions.
- Provide accurate and timely specialist advice and information to the Service Manager City Transformation, Manager City Strategy and the Executive Team.
- Ensure to take reasonable care of the health and safety of yourself, staff, visitors, contractors and volunteers whilst at work, and cooperate with Council to comply with WHS legislative obligations.
- Ensure EEO, the principles for a culturally diverse society, and Council policies are complied with at all times.
- Contribute to improved customer service and organisational effectiveness, by acting ethically, honestly and with fairness.
- Ability to effectively prepare, project manage and implement the delivery of significant public domain improvement projects from strategy to concept design to detailed design.
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills, ability to prioritise and manage workloads to drive outcomes.
- Demonstrated high level application of analytical, creative thinking and problem solving skills in a complex, multidisciplinary environment within a government context.
- Superior interpersonal skills in leadership, coordination, negotiation, teamwork and consultation.
- Highly developed ability to seek, analyse and evaluate customer needs and integrate them into the delivery of successful outcomes
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's