Senior Health And Safety Advisor
|Job Title:||Senior Health And Safety Advisor|
|Salary:||$43-58 p/h plus super|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||March 06, 2020 08:16|
PSP is seeing an experience OHS professional to assist Council to drive the development and implementation of health & safety systems and initiatives to minimize risk of injury.
Using a solution-based focus, provide professional advice and support in partnership with individual branches and Council as a
whole to ensure legislative (H&S) compliance
- Partner with branches to find practical solutions to health and safety issues through the provision of effective risk management, enabling leaders to make informed decisions.
- Foster a collaborative engagement approach with managers, program leaders, coordinators and supervisors across client directorates to build capability in health and safety with respect to their obligations and responsibilities as people managers.
- Provide expert health and safety consultancy advice to management and workers regarding the interpretation and application of health and safety requirements and workers compensation and return to work programs.
- Conduct investigations for serious safety incidents or possible safety breaches (including near misses) working with management to analyse the impact of these incidents and recommend suitable control measures to minimize the occurrence of similar incidents.
- Attend and provide advice to health and safety committees from your allocated branches and work with health and safety representatives to foster a collaborative and positive safety culture.
- Develop and maintain a positive and collaborative relationship with the Workplace Health and Safety Regulator.
- Undertake any other duties as are reasonable within the limits of the employee's skills, competence and training.
- Well- developed knowledge and extensive practical experience consulting and advising on a broad range of health and safety
- Tertiary qualifications (degree or diploma) in Health and Safety or a related discipline and/or extensive demonstrable experience in a generalist health and safety role including demonstrable experience in the interpretation and application of health and safety legislation, risk assessment, safety management system implementation, incident management and workers compensation and return to work programs while working in an advisory capacity in a medium to large organisation
- Highly developed communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills including the ability to:
Consult and negotiate with exceptional capabilities to work collaboratively and share knowledge, influencing outcomes at an executive, management, team and individual level
Strong verbal communication and presentation skills including the ability to develop and deliver training to promote the health and safety message and support the development of a strong and sustainable safety culture consistent with organisational requirements.
- Previous experience independently conducting internal audits and develop/revise system documentation, Lead Auditor
qualifications are desirable.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Lucia Schefermann on 038 535 3100 or email@example.com