Senior Governance officer
|Job Title:||Senior Governance officer|
|Salary:||$45-52 p/h plus super|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||March 26, 2020 12:33|
- Contract 6 months
- $45-52 p/h plus super
- ASAP start - apply today, start tomorrow!
Public Sector People are currently inviting applications for the role of Senior Governance officer to join a local council based 55km North West of Melbourne on contract.
The main objective of this role is to provide high level support to the Director of Governance to ensure Council meets its obligations the Local Laws and Legislation.
This position will be responsible for developing and monitoring policies and procedures; and for undertaking associated reporting requirements. The successful applicant will have the ability to engage with, and advocate to, staff across Council through the development of training sessions and other resources that support effective service delivery and legislative compliance
- Receive, assess, interpret and make determinations on requests made to Council for access to documents under the FOI Act.
- Support Council’s Privacy Officer and FOI Officer by being the first point of contact for enquiries and complaints about FOI and privacy matters.
- Provide advice and support to internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance with the FOI Act, the Privacy Act and the Information Privacy Principles.
- Undertake regular staff training sessions and develop resources to assist staff meet FOI and privacy obligations
- Provide technical advice and support to the Coordinator Governance and members of the Senior Executive team as required, including attendance at Council meetings, briefings, committee meetings and community forums and events.
- Support Council’s existing corporate planning reporting requirements as required, which include support for the implementation of Council Plan, Annual Report, quarterly report, internal audit actions and Local Government Performance Reporting Framework (LGPRF) requirements.
- Develop and review Council governance policies and procedures as required, to ensure Council meets and maintains compliance with its legislative obligations.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity or other roles in Local Government, please contact Lucia Schefermann | 038 535 3111 email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's