Senior Engineer - Transport Engineering
|Job Title:||Senior Engineer - Transport Engineering|
|Salary:||$49.81 p/h plus super|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||February 24, 2020 15:33|
Public Sector People are seeking an experienced Senior Engineer with Transport Engineer experience to join our local government client on a 4 month contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the development of a series of traffic and transport programs.
- Manage the development of a series of traffic and transport programs for inclusion within Council’s capital works program
- Provide specialist traffic engineering technical knowledge and advice.
- Develop quality integrated transport solutions that considers contemporary best practice.
- Respond to customer requests in a timely manner.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that best value integrated transport outcomes are achieved and meet the needs of the community and are in line with council’s long term strategic vision.
- Prepare and present complex technical reports for consideration by departmental senior management, Council and other meetings as required.
- Degree qualification in civil engineering, traffic engineering or other relevant field. Sound understanding of Australian Road Rules, Austroads and awareness of Australian Standards pertaining to traffic engineering.
- Current C class driver’s licence.
- Demonstrated skills in traffic engineering and management related to urban and rural road networks and a demonstrated high level of knowledge and previous experience in traffic planning, design and operations.
- Ability to be flexible, think laterally and adapt solutions to changing political environments whilst maintaining a strong customer focus consistent with strategic outcomes and relevant experience in a transport related customer service role.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritise tasks and projects and meet strict timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to apply traffic and transport engineering technical knowledge and provide high level advice in relation to integrated transport, infrastructure and land use solutions.
- Good interpersonal and verbal skills and competency in preparation of correspondence and ability to develop and prepare detailed reports and presentations that are succinct and easy to interpret by both technical and non-technical audiences.
If you meet the above criteria and are looking for your next contract opportunity please apply via the appropriate link with a CV attached.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Lucia Schefermann | email@example.com