Senior Design Project Manager - Civil Design and Roads
|Job Title:||Senior Design Project Manager - Civil Design and Roads|
|Reference:||PC - 10 - 8|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||October 07, 2019 06:16|
Project management will be responsible for monitoring and control of infrastructure planning, design and delivery of a range of major roads and storm-water management projects to meet legislative, engineering and community standards, safety standards, with quality budget and timing in consideration.
Provide leadership and guidance to the Technical Support department’s design engineers and project managers, including developing Learning and Development Plan to include professional development and mentoring/ coaching, to ensuring that fundamental project management experience is brought at a professional standard of competency.
- Achieving project and program delivery goals (encompassing quantity, quality, time, safety, environmental and cost) by actively coordinating and overseeing the planning, procurement and design process while actively participating in the construction and hand over processes across the organisation.
- Assisting in the achievement of “best value” investment in stormwater management and road infrastructure assets by contributing to:
- The development of well-informed design briefs based on most up to date information on the scoping of the work, appropriate procurement strategy, and selection of most appropriate design option that considers best value lifecycle cost for the project.
- The development and implementation of appropriate project management strategy for effective budget development, cost control and resource management.
- Effective grants administrations, where projects are funded by external grant, to deliver grant funded projects/ programs within grant guidelines, timeframes and agency expectations.
- Assisting in a team approach to risk management by providing peer review, assessment and mitigation measures.
- Contributing to the successful development, acceptance and implementation of projects and programs by ensuring effective liaison, consultation and communication and developing and maintaining effective working relationships with all stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation.
- Undertaking pre-tender/quotation, WHS project Hazard identifications and Risk Assessments of relative work
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering, Project Management, or significant experience in project management of infrastructure projects with tertiary qualification in equivalent disciplines.
- Class C Driver’s License.
- Demonstrated experience of preparing design specifications and design brief for infrastructure planning, and concept and detailed design of major infrastructure projects including roads, active transport, drainage and open space.
- Experience of program and project management of multiple design and planning projects
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's