Senior Design Manager - City Transformation
|Job Title:||Senior Design Manager - City Transformation|
|Reference:||PC - 12 - 4|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||December 23, 2019 06:46|
This position is responsible for the planning design and project management of significant public projects with complex urban design, landscape, environmental and heritage issues. Projects will range from strategic studies to detailed urban elements, and typically include all project phases: initiation, development design and delivery.
- Plan, project manage and implement the delivery of significant public projects from strategic studies to detailed urban elements across all project phases: initiation, development, design and delivery.
- Manage and lead groups of multi-disciplinary professionals on complex projects, effective client liaison, feasibility investigations, design development, community consultation, planning and technical approvals, documentation, construction and certification issues.
- Manage the integration of Council’s Major Priorities and Strategic Objectives in urban design, transport planning, land use planning, economic development, environmental and social outcomes in the delivery of projects to ensure coordinated solutions.
- Ensure projects comply with the City’s policies and practices regarding design, sustainability, heritage, accessibility, detail and materials and maintenance.
- Plan and implement project management processes and tools for project planning, monitoring and reporting in order to manage change, risks, issues and deliverables within the project agreed time, cost and quality objectives.
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects, set and monitor priorities to meet design milestones in a complex and high volume work environment.
- Prepare complex briefs and manage quotations and tenders for external consultant design teams for complex landscape and urban design projects.
- Provide expert advice to senior management and the City, on the most cost effective and efficient manner of implementing delivery of assigned projects.
- Prepare Reports, Memos, Planning submissions, Budgets and programs as required.
- Ability to effectively prepare, project manage and implement the delivery of significant public domain improvement projects from strategy to concept design to detailed design.
- Organisational and time management skills, ability to prioritise and manage workloads to drive outcomes.
- Demonstrated high level application of analytical, creative thinking and problem solving skills in a complex, multidisciplinary environment within a government context.
- Demonstrated ability to readily acquire and apply new information, inspire design outcomes and establish design excellence.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.