Senior Civil Engineer - Local Government
|Job Title:||Senior Civil Engineer - Local Government|
|Reference:||PC - 11 - 15|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||November 20, 2019 06:15|
Public Sector People are currently seeking an experienced Senior Engineer to join our local council client based in Sydney CBD. The successful candidate will be experienced in preparing standards and Development Control Plans related Water Sensitive Urban Design issues and in understanding related regulations.
- Provide professional advice in regards to stormwater and flooding to internal and external customers, and to the position supervisor, in a manner that is timely, accurate, complete and demonstrates good judgment.
- Actively participate in all training and development activities as well as Council’s performance management system.
- Adhere to all relevant Council policies and procedures.
- Manage consultant for preparing detailed flood and catchments studies/plans for City to identify stormwater quality and capacity issues and appropriate solutions.
- Investigate reports of flooding of private property and prepare technical reports and recommendations on appropriate actions.
- Assess the impact of major redevelopment on the City’s storm water network and surrounding property and provide technical input to support Council’s objectives.
- Respond to correspondence regarding flooding complaints or reports.
- Liaise with other service authorities, residents or local businesses in regards to drainage and flooding issues.
- Undertake other duties as may be required from time to time by the supervisor.
- Advise and mentor less senior engineering staff.
- Provide quality customer service, in accordance with Council’s guarantees of service coupled with timeliness, courtesy, and sympathetic to the problems of the customer.
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil or Environmental Engineering or a related field.
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in a stormwater management, floodplain management role.
- Advanced problem solving and decision making skills especially in regards to stormwater drainage management and floodplain risk management.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with drainage and flood investigation computer programs such as DRAINS, HECRAS, TUFLOW and MUSIC.
- Experience in reviewing and assessing stormwater management plan and flood study reports.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, manage tasks and to consistently produce quality work to agreed deadlines.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, Work Health and Safety and Cultural Diversity principles.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's