Senior Case Management And Compliance Officer (Statutory Laws)
|Job Title:||Senior Case Management And Compliance Officer (Statutory Laws)|
|Reference:||Pc - 10 - 22|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||October 24, 2019 15:31|
This position sits within the Regulatory Services Prosecution and Case Management Team. The candidate is required to have a law degree and must have strong investigative skills. Assistance with QCAT hearings and preparing of briefs of evidence will be required consistently as part of the role.
- Investigate, review and report on complaints received by the Regulatory Services Department to confirm compliance with relevant legislation/industry standards including Council’s policies, procedures and directives.
- Carry out complex multi-disciplined enforcement functions to appropriately resolve regulatory services complaints in accordance with statutory requirements including Council’s policies, procedures and directives.
- Provide specialist advice to internal and external customers, and respond to enquiries in relation to statutory enforcement, compliance and other regulatory service related matters.
- Prepare high quality briefs of evidence and represent the Council before tribunals, court and other bodies as required.
- Contribute to the review, improvement and development of departmental procedures to support effective and efficient service delivery.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role or a role requiring a similar skill set.
- Experience in interpreting and enforcing relevant legislation and industry standards.
- Demonstrated ability to schedule workloads on a daily basis whilst managing competing priorities with the flexibility to undertake other duties as directed.
- Highly developed people and relationship skills with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment communicating and motivating effectively at all levels of the organisation, contributing to a positive work environment with a strong focus on provision of quality customer service.
- Degree qualification in law, investigations or other relevant field.
- Current C class driver’s licence.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.