Safe Travel Officer
|Job Title:||Safe Travel Officer|
|Salary:||$50 p/h plus super|
|Start Date:||Mid november|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||November 05, 2019 11:01|
We are seeking someone with strong community engagement and project management skills to join a highly motivated and effective Sustainable Transport Team. You will deliver community focused safe travel projects.
This role will give you the opportunity to work closely with internal and external stakeholders including state agencies such as VicRoads.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate delivery of an education program with a local Primary School, including a school based art project, new bike shed installation, active routes mapping, parent engagement to develop new programs, and coordinating engaging around future infrastructure projects at the school
- Support the delivery of community engagement with other schools in the area, including developing active routes mapping
- Provide safe travel advice and respond to community and internal safe travel requests
- Liaise with other community based road safety officers and agencies, including with VicRoads regarding funding applications, reporting and requirement, and sharing learnings from projects with the broader local government community.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in developing, implementing and evaluating behaviour change programs.
- Strong skills in the communication of complex ideas in a variety of mediums to reach a diverse audience.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated experience in design and implementation of both community programs and infrastructure projects.
- Enthusiasm for sustainable transport, and an understanding of the relationship between road safety, sustainable transport and health, social, economic, and environmental outcomes.
- Experience in community engagement to manage issues, to consult, to develop and implement projects, and to build long term networks and relationships.
- Experience in policy and strategy development.
- Ability to gain cooperation, persuade and influence others in internal and external settings.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, support others, and work in a team.
If you would like to get in touch about similar role within Local Government, reach out to me- Lucia Schefermann
email@example.com | 038 535 3100