Road Designer - Local Council
|Job Title:||Road Designer - Local Council|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||July 21, 2020 14:32|
Public Sector People are currently recruiting for a Road Designer to join our local council client in Western Sydney for up to 12 months. The successful candidate will contribute to the provision of safe, effective and efficient Road Design to the community.
- Ensure that all allocated design tasks are completed by agreed dates and in accordance with agreed performance targets.
- Survey, investigate, prepare and review design plans, estimates and alternate options for a variety of civil engineering projects including road, kerb and gutter, footpath, stormwater drainage, traffic facilities and carparks.
- Ensure that designs are consistent and are completed in accordance with professional engineering standards and where applicable to the requirements of other government authorities such as the RTA, Environmental Protection Authority and the Department of Conservation and Land Management.
- Ensure that requests/complaints on all designs allocated to the section are processed promptly in accordance with performance targets.
- Ensure requests for all design inputs for the DSU are completed within the agreed time frame.
- Undertake major design studies as directed by the Manager Asset Design Services.
- Liaise with contractors, prepare and administer contracts with consultants to ensure that all briefs, works and designs are carried out on time.
- Liaise with Manager Asset Construction, Civil Maintenance and Open Space to ensure that all designs meet the requirements and procedures of the proposed construction methods.
- Keep up to date with new technical data and provide technical support to the Asset Design Services section.
- Prepare briefs for Environmental Impact Statements as required to conform with Government Standards.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or related field or Civil Engineering Certificate/Associate Diploma together with extensive experience.
- Significant post qualification experience in the survey, investigation and design including estimates for roads, traffic facilities, stormwater drainage and other civil engineering projects.
- Current Class “C” driver’s licence
- Software experience using 12D, AutoCAD, and Drains
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on 0403 242 600.