Road Asset Engineer
|Job Title:||Road Asset Engineer|
|Reference:||PC - 7 - 19|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||July 25, 2019 06:16|
Public Sector People are currently seeking a Road Assets Engineer to join our Local Council Client based in Brisbane.The Road Asset Engineer carries out the effective management of road assets in the Redland's area through the Pavement Management System to minimize the “whole of life cycle” cost of these road assets.
- Assist in the development, revision and maintenance of individual asset management plans for road pavements assets that are controlled by City Infrastructure Planning.
- Assist in the development and management of a computerised maintenance management system. This incorporates inspection of assets, programming of works, auditing, reporting on asset condition, value of assets and ensuring asset information is up to date.
- Assist the Principal Engineer City Infrastructure Planning in the timely provision of professional engineering advice and support to clients by keeping abreast of contemporary and emerging trends in road pavements management to ensure high quality, consistent and sustainable outcomes are achieved and comply with environmental and engineering best practice that meets corporate and community needs.
- Assist in the review and facilitate the preparation of engineering guidelines, standards and policies related to road pavements management and appropriate reports that considers relevant legislation and Council requirements.
- Assist in the project management of financial, information and physical resources to achieve cost effective services within the budgetary framework for road pavements management.
- Achievement in demonstrating skills in asset management with an understanding of current and emerging legislation and standards as they apply to road pavements assets.
- Experience in the application of systems for asset management that includes asset data bases, application of GIS, condition assessment and reports.
- Ability to interpret and develop policy and translate policy into strategy, working policies, plans and procedures.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.