Recreation And Open Space Strategic Project Officer
|Job Title:||Recreation And Open Space Strategic Project Officer|
|Start Date:||22 July 2019|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||July 03, 2019 06:15|
- Positively engage with the community regarding open spaces and well-being
- Work in the beautiful outer West greenery of Wimmera.
- Enjoy work-life balance with part-time hours - flexible days Mon-Fri- 15-25 hrs max
Design & Build are currently inviting applications for the role of Recreation and Open Space Strategic Officer to join a Council in the outer West suburbs. This opportunity is a 4-5 month, part-time temporary contract with a start on 22 July 2019.
As the successful candidate, you will conduct consultations with the residents of this municipality regarding the Council's recreation and
Open space services.
This position plays a key role in the planning, governance, asset management and programs of recreation and open space to support the reputation of the municipality as a desirable place to live and work.
- A tertiary qualification in governance, law, community development or a related transferable discipline; and/or relevant industry experience is necessary
- Experience and understanding of local government practices, processes and operating environment
- Proficiency in the application of standardised Government procedures practices, relevant Acts and Regulations and an understanding of relevant precedents, and previous decisions
- Strong data entry skills
- If successful, a police check and Working with Children Check will be required