Rates Recovery Officer
|Job Title:||Rates Recovery Officer|
|Reference:||PC - 7 - 21|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||July 29, 2019 11:34|
Public Sector People are currently seeking a Rates Recovery Officer to join our local Council client in South Brisbane. This role will be a 3 month contract working 38 hours per week Monday to Friday.The successful candidate will have experience across debt recovery and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Problem solving including interviewing and advising Ratepayers on matters relating to arrears and, as and when required,
entering into 'arrangement to pay' plans to liquidate arrears in accordance with Council Policy.
- Monitoring and actioning accounts in arrears up to and including legal action.
- Managing and maintaining computer and/or written records pertaining to arrears for a nominated area of the rate file on a day
to day basis.
- Attending to general correspondence and other type enquiries, including telephone and counter enquiries, relating to accounts
- in arrears in a timely and efficient manner.
- Advise the Senior Recoveries Officer of difficult and potentially troublesome accounts.
- Follow up with the Rates section with regard to new owner letters, change of postal address, search details and other matters relating to recoveries.
- Undertake any other duties as are reasonably within the limits of the employee's skills, competence and training.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's