Ranger - Regulatory and Compliance Role
|Job Title:||Ranger - Regulatory and Compliance Role|
|Reference:||PC - 9 - 17|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||September 24, 2019 09:32|
Public Sector People are seeking experienced Ranger's to join our Local Council Client in in the Moreton Bay Region. The role will be focused on a range of duties across Local Laws.
This opportunity will be on a casual basis for 6 months and then you have the opportunity to go direct with the Council. If you are seeking your next temp to perm position with Local Council please apply now!
- Investigate and resolve requests from the public regarding animals, nuisances, regulated parking, local laws and other community response related matters.
- Provide excellent customer service, advice, direction and solutions to the community in relation to breaches of legislation and local laws.
- Effectively manage customer requests and other tasks within defined time-frames ensuring that all matters are completed and final outcomes are communicated to customers and recorded in Council databases as appropriate.
- Perform compliance patrols within the region and carry out the relevant legislative compliance action. This includes conducting improved inspection programs and physical patrols of streets, parks and other public areas under Council’s control.
- Participate in Council’s “After Hours On-Call and Programmed Overtime Roster” service.
- Provide reports and briefs to management and Council, and provide evidence in a court of law regarding investigations as required.
- In accordance with procedure and when required, issue correspondence, compliance notices and penalty infringement notices for breaches of relevant State Government legislation, local laws and subordinate local laws.
- Demonstrated numeracy, written and verbal communication skills sufficient to complete paper work, read safety instructions, plans, and to effectively communicate with the public and team members.
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking manual tasks in a safe manner.
- Demonstrated industry skills and experience in the application of local laws compliance activities.
- Current C class drivers licence.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's