|Job Title:||Property Officer|
|Reference:||PC - 03 - 19|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||March 20, 2019 09:31|
Public Sector People are currently seeking an experienced Property Officer to join our local government client in South Brisbane. This is a 3 month contract and we are seeking someone who has previous property and compulsory acquisition experience in Queensland. Legal skills in this area would also be highly regarded.
- Actively lead property transactions, including acquisition of land, easements and access for infrastructure projects.
- Coordinate delivery of appropriate specialist advice to support property transactions, including independent valuations, town planning and legal advice.
- Lead compulsory acquisition processes under the Acquisition of Land Act 1967 where required.
- Draft, negotiate and administer appropriate legal contracts to give effect to property transactions.
- Contribute to the ongoing strategic review of land assets.
- Lead negotiation and renewal of tenure arrangements on land, including for telecommunications facilities.
- Draft and deliver reports in regards to statutory obligations and governance procedures.
- Contribute to the development of new processes to enable the Corporate Property program to become more efficient and
- Well-developed knowledge and extensive practical experience in property transactions, preferably in a local government
- Strong understanding of the legislative framework for property transactions including the Local Government Act 2009 (Qld),
- Acquisition of Land Act 1967 (Qld), Land Titles Act 1994 (Qld) and Land Act 1994 (Qld)
- Relevant qualifications (law, valuation, land economics or management disciplines) would be highly regarded.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's