|Job Title:||Property Officer|
|Salary:||$58.06 p/h plus super|
|Start Date:||20th July 2020|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||July 13, 2020 20:02|
Public Sector People are currently seeking an experienced Property Officer to join our local government client in South Brisbane. This is a 6 month contract and we are seeking someone who has previous property experience in Queensland. Legal skills in this area would also be highly regarded.
- Actively lead property transactions, including acquisition of land, easements and access for infrastructure projects.
- Coordinate delivery of appropriate specialist advice to support property transactions, including independent valuations, town planning and legal advice.
- Lead compulsory acquisition processes under the Acquisition of Land Act 1967 where required.
- Draft, negotiate and administer appropriate legal contracts to give effect to property transactions.
- Contribute to the ongoing strategic review of land assets.
- Lead negotiation and renewal of tenure arrangements on land, including for telecommunications facilities.
- Draft and deliver reports in regards to statutory obligations and governance procedures.
- Contribute to the development of new processes to enable the Corporate Property program to become more efficient and
- Well-developed knowledge and extensive practical experience in property transactions, preferably in a local government context.
- Strong understanding of the legislative framework for property transactions including the Local Government Act 2009 (Qld), Acquisition of Land Act 1967 (Qld), Land Titles Act 1994 (Qld) and Land Act 1994 (Qld)
- Relevant qualifications (law, valuation, land economics or management disciplines) would be highly regarded.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Lucia Schefermann on email@example.com