Project Officer - Civil and Construction
|Job Title:||Project Officer - Civil and Construction|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||July 04, 2019 17:03|
This local council seeks an experienced Project Officer to manage the delivery of a high profile project. The successful candidate will have up to 5 years experience in a role of a similar nature. Experience across Construction, Building, Architecture and/or Engineering will be highly advantageous.
- Coordinate assigned Council projects from inception to completion.
- Provide specialist technical advice and project management services for these projects including managing PCGs, status reporting, contract administration including budget and time management.
- Co-ordinate all parties involved in these projects including designers, suppliers, utilities, contractors, consultants and internal project partners to achieve the functional, time and cost objectives of the projects.
- Prepare requests for tender and quotation including standard contractual documentations and reviewing of specifications and drawings for inclusion in tender documentation.
- Project managed delivery of assigned projects from design stage to construction completion including stakeholder consultation and liaison with associated government departments.
- Report regularly to the Manager Works and Projects and other relevant managers and stakeholders.
- This position is required to make informed decisions regarding preparation of project budgets, and other management information, building, civil and environmental engineering practices and procedures on a day to day basis.
- Make informed decisions on tender and contract issues that will deliver quality projects and value for money.
- Establish and maintain open and cooperative relationships between all contacts both within and outside Council.
- Implement the required procurement and scheduling process.
- Identify and prioritise areas of risk within each project.
To be successful in this role you will have
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Up to 5 years experience implementing operational service orientated projects;
- Well-developed communication skills
- Valid Driving Licence
- Previous public sector experience, Council experience highly desirable
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's