Project Officer - Assets and Strategy
|Job Title:||Project Officer - Assets and Strategy|
|Reference:||PC - 10 - 23|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||October 24, 2019 15:46|
Public Sector People are currently seeking an experienced Project Officer with experience in Assets and Strategy to join our council client based in Beenleigh. The successful candidate will provide support and facilitate the coordination of activities for the effective and efficient delivery of the Strategic Asset Management and Maintenance System (SAMMS) project.
- Support the maintenance of project tools including issues register, risk register and project schedules under the direction of the Project Manager
- Assist the Project Manager in building and supporting effective project teams, including maintaining online collaboration and share point sites.
- Maintain advanced knowledge on Microsoft applications including Microsoft Project and Visio to improve the use of these applications in the management of nominated projects
- Develop and maintain project plans and governance documentation for the duration of the project and assist project leads in project planning activities, ensuring synergies with all related project plans.
- Appointments and meetings with internal and external representatives, prioritise and follow up correspondence, and prevent unnecessary interruptions by screening telephone calls.
- Financial administration; assisting the Project Management and Project Lead with budget reporting, raising requisitions, monitoring resource contracts and extensions (purchase orders, system and security access).
- Prepare agendas and minutes and manage outstanding actions, as required.
- Provide administrative support and assistance to project leads to ensure deadlines are met and accurate and timely information is delivered.
- Take responsibility for parts of projects that are reasonably within the skill, competence and training of the Officer, as directed by the Project Manager
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of project management methodologies
- Demonstrated core skills and experience in positive customer service, project, staff and resource management. This includes skills in developing project schedules and Project Management Plans.
- High level of organisational skills in the coordination of projects, project tasks and resources together with associated documentation.
- Industry experience in relation to software requirements gathering, testing, documentation and customisation.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to continual change and meet flexible work requirements and rapid information technology changes.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.