Project Manager - Water Contracts
|Job Title:||Project Manager - Water Contracts|
|Location:||Eastern Suburbs Sydney|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||August 11, 2020 09:46|
About the role:
Public Sector People are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to deliver essential water contract management and projects. The successful candidate will have strong contract management skills and have local government experience across water projects.
- Develop, implement and manage water projects to enable responsible, holistic water management of the City’s parks and to drive a reduction in parks potable water use to meet organisational targets.
- Ensure projects are effectively planned, designed, procured, managed, constructed and completed at the highest possible quality standards, using best practice project and asset management principles and delivered within the constraints of adopted time frames and budgets.
- Develop and manage ongoing service contracts relating to water management within parks (operation and maintenance of recycled water and irrigation systems) to drive reductions in potable water use. Ensure operations and assets are managed efficiently, best practice approaches to water management and innovation are embedded in contracts and outcomes are monitored and measured.
- Project manage and coordinate the delivery of holistic water management across City parks through engagement with internal and external operational staff. Implement process improvements to standardise processes and increase capability of operational staff.
- Effectively collect and analyse water use data. Monitor issues and trends in water use across the parks portfolio, act on data to ensure operational issues are addressed quickly and identify and address (where possible) gaps in data required to drive performance.
- Good governance, strong project management control and effective decision making in the delivery of water projects and contracts. Develop specifications, technical investigations, contracts and other service delivery arrangements for water projects and programs, and ensure service provider compliance with specifications through appropriate controls and effective performance management.
Key Skills Required:
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in Engineering, Sustainability or Environmental Management or a similar engineering or science discipline with experience in watermanagement.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and monitoring water projects and strategies to meet organisational objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, managing and controlling multiple projects and contracts that provide value for money, are delivered on time and achieve corporate objectives.
- Project management experience and a track record in managing all stages of the project lifecycle including feasibility, consultants and contractors, documentation, authority approvals, procurement processes, contract administration, process development and implementation, risk management and handover.
- Current Class C NSW driver’s licence.
If you meet the above criteria and are looking for your next contract opportunity please apply via the appropriate link with a CV attached.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on 0403 242 600.