Project Manager - Strategy And Performance
|Job Title:||Project Manager - Strategy And Performance|
|Salary:||$48.71 per hour, plus super|
|Start Date:||1 week|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||November 12, 2019 13:32|
The successful Project Manager will be responsible for delivering projects / programs associated with the operational works and projects portfolio in accordance with unit and corporate goals. Specifically, the role will focus on the successful strategic planning and development of an organisational performance management system. The position will need to have a holistic view of the program of works under its responsibility and ensure projects within the program are professionally project-managed and coordinated in line with defined priorities of the organisation.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- At least five (5) years demonstrable commercial experience as a project manager
- Tertiary qualification in Project Management
- High level problem solving and research / analytical skills, including the ability to obtain and interpret information and make specific recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions within the accepted parameters of Council policies, procedures, work practices and delegations.
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of the phases and systems required to deliver significant projects following industry accepted frameworks, such as Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) or Prince2.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage and lead consultants and project teams where team members can come from a variety of diverse strategic and operational business units.
- Develop, execute and monitor risk, procurement, resources, and communications plans that engage and manage project stakeholders and their expectations.
- Provide specialist advice on matters in base discipline area, including matters of a complex nature, such as value benefit management.
- Manage significant projects / programs for Council groups and units using Council's Project Management Framework and generally in accordance with accepted project management process such as Project Management Body of Knowledge PMBOK.
- Perform complex functions in various fields associated with the provision of project management services in Local Government relating to quality systems, project controls, design activities and implementation activities.
- Prepare and coordinate key initiation project deliverable documents, such as Project Charter, Business Case and Project Evaluation Reports. Manage project performance parameters such as cost, schedule, budget, risks and constraints. Seek innovative solutions to ensure the program or projects achieve corporate goals, deadlines and commitments.
- Prepare project management planning, execution and finalisation deliverables, such as Project Management Plans, Cost Reports, Project Status Reports, and Project Monthly Reports and ensuring the Portal P3 is updated regularly relating to nominated projects. Manage strategic project product delivery, outcomes and benefits including brief preparation, procurement and consultants and project administration.
Alternatively please call Lucia Schefermann for a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity on 038 535 3100.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's