Project Manager (Information Technology)
|Job Title:||Project Manager (Information Technology)|
|Salary:||$700-850 per day, plus super|
|Start Date:||November 2019|
|Contact Name:||Lucia Schefermann|
|Job Published:||October 02, 2019 11:16|
Public Sector People are currently inviting applications for the role of IT Project Manager to join a Council in the outer South East suburbs. This opportunity is a 6 temporary contract with a start in November 2019.
As the IT Project Manager, you will collaborate across business and technical teams to provide leadership to facilitate and deliver on key workstreams. You will provide technical insight and direction while overseeing the development of project plans, roadmaps and business cases. Your responsibilities will also include leading and coordinating all aspects of project delivery, ensuring all in-scope services are implemented in agreed timeframes, on budget, and according to the requirements of the project sponsor, key stakeholders and various business units.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects with significant budget and scope
- Experience within large corporate or government departments
- A demonstrated ability to engage with stakeholders utilising highly developed communication skills to gain commitment to governance and project outcomes
- Proven experience in managing vendor relationships and an ability to manage vendors from procurement processes through to delivery
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using Agile Project Management tools such as Jira, Confluence or equivalent, Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
- Demonstrated change management experience covering technical, process and organisational change
- Formal Project Management qualifications (eg Prince2, PMP) highly regarded
- Experience with any of the following would be highly regarded: CRM, Integration Platform as a Service, Microsoft Azure, AI etc.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or other IT opportunities in Local Government, please contact Lucia Schefermann on (03) 8535 3100.