Project Manager - Client Side
|Job Title:||Project Manager - Client Side|
|Reference:||PC - 12 - 12|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||December 30, 2019 06:46|
Public Sector People are seeking an experienced Project Manager - Client Side to join our Local Government Client based in Parramatta on a 12 month fixed term contract.The role will establish and manage a cross functional lead team of senior Council staff, manage consultants, develop and manage the project program, budget and will be responsible for the preparation project reports and communications.
- Manage projects using appropriate project controls to ensure projects are completed on time, within the approved budget and to the approved scope and quality requirements.
- Develop and manage the project program to ensure all project milestones are achieved and that any risks are identified and mitigated as early as possible.
- Assist facilitate the creation and implementation of a new user centric experience offering and integrated business model for the precinct which includes 5, 7 PS and the public domain and ensure this is considered in the design of 5PS.
- Implement a stakeholder engagement strategy including briefing and consult internal stakeholders to inform use, design and operation of the building and public domain space.
- Facilitate and maintain effective stakeholder relationships to ensure high levels of engagement, communication and satisfaction.
- Develop and manage the transition planning and organisational change process to support delivery of new facilities
- Manage consultants, the procurement process, including the preparation of tender documentation and contracts, and the management of contract negotiation, approvals and the contract execution process to ensure that obligations under the contract are met.
- Ensure budgeting, forecasting, payments and cash flow projections are accurate, well managed, regularly updated and reported.
- Identify, document and analyse emerging project risks and threats and recommend mitigation, strategies.
- Prepare high quality project status and recommendation reports to the Executive Team, Project Control Group and Councillors in a timely manner.
- Ensure the client side related project matters are completed in accordance with the set objectives prior to occupation, and that sufficient operational readiness has occurred to enable seamless handover of completed assets back to Council.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant post graduate project or business related experience
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience facilitating organisational change in a similar setting
- Government service or community use property experience is desirable
- Client side project management experience of similar scale projects is desirable
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.