Project Manager - Civil and Capital Works
|Job Title:||Project Manager - Civil and Capital Works|
|Reference:||PC - 1 31|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||February 03, 2020 06:47|
The role of the City Projects and Property Division is to define and deliver the Capital Works Program and manage the property portfolio. The Capital Works program includes community buildings, open spaces, streetscapes, roads and footpaths and other public domain features.
The purpose of this position is to provide project management at a mid - senior level to effectively manage complex projects that have a civil focus in particular roads, streetscapes and cycle-ways throughout all project phases.
- Manage the day to day project delivery to meet time, cost, quality, safety and environmental expectations.
- Manage projects with risks related to construction of civil works;
- Collaborate with project team and stakeholders using effective interpersonal and communication skills;
- Practice the City of Sydney’s project management disciplines and processes including utilising the Capital Projects Knowledge Base, governance, procurement, record keeping and probity procedures
- Promote a culture where Work Health and Safety responsibilities receive the upmost importance and comply with all relevant acts and regulations;
- Undertake other tasks as required by the Position Supervisor or Director.
- The position will be required to manager complex capital works projects or support larger capital works and/or property projects that include roadworks, streetscapes and cycleways.
- The position will work across all project phases including initiation, design, documentation, tender and procurement, construction commissioning and finalization.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.