|Job Title:||Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||August 24, 2021 16:19|
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing professional and technical support in delivering Council’s capital works projects across Buildings, Civils and Open Spaces. In this role you will manage construction and contracts, supervision and administration of Council’s Capital Works Projects.
- Provide assistance and advice on technical aspects of project designs, specifications and contract documentation for projects.
- Develop specifications and tender documents.
- Prepare preliminary budgets and pre-construction estimates for projects.
- Develop and monitor allocated capital works programs.
- Call for expressions of interest, quotations and select consultants / contractors in accordance with Council’s Procurement Policy and Local Government
- Tendering Regulations.
- Undertake project supervision and administration including contract
- performance, record keeping, authorising payments, approving variations and budget monitoring.
- Undertake contractor induction at the commencement of the contracts and at specified intervals throughout the contracts as required.
- Liaise with contractors and Council staff with regard to project site
- establishment, set out, and location of existing services at commencement and during construction work.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of works as executed drawings and operations and maintenance manuals at the completion of projects. Arrange handover meetings with Council’s Operations staff.
- Liaise with the Asset Officers to ensure that asset registers are updated at the completion of projects and that the quality of the data is accurate and reliable.
- Contribute to the development of Operations policies and guidelines and land based Plans of Management.
- Monitor and report on the progress of projects including updating monthly financial reports.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar type role within local
- Degree in engineering, building management or equivalent
- Class C Drivers Licence
- Construction white card
- Demonstrated experience in project management and contract supervision
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on 0403 242 600
Job has Expired
GET SIMILAR JOBS LIKE THESE BY EMAIL
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's