Project Engineer - Water Assets
|Job Title:||Project Engineer - Water Assets|
|Reference:||PC - 1 - 30|
|Contact Name:||Paul Cullen|
|Job Published:||January 30, 2020 06:33|
To assist in the provision and development of drainage and storm water designs and investigations ensure that redevelopment in floodplains is in accordance with City policy and legislation. Provide specialist technical support in regards to storm-water and floodplain management to the development application evaluation process.
- Efficiently administer council’s contracts and available resources to deliver implementation of infrastructure programs/projects.
- Investigate reports of flooding of private property and prepare technical reports and recommendations on appropriate actions.
- Assist in the preparation of tender/quotation documents to hire consultancy services for preparing detailed flood and catchments studies/plans, detailed stormwater quantity and quality management studies.
- Assess the impact of major redevelopment on the City’s storm water network and surrounding property and provide technical input to support Council’s objectives.
- Respond to correspondence regarding flooding complaints or reports.
- Provide quality customer service, in accordance with Council’s guarantees of service coupled with timeliness, courtesy, and sympathetic to the problems of the customer.
- Undertake other duties as may be required from time to time by the position supervisor.
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or significant experience gained in a related field.
- Knowledge and experience with water/flood modeling software DRAINS, TUFLOW, MUSIC and AutoCAD
- Demonstrated experience in brief preparation and project management at a design/investigation level.
- Advanced problem solving and decision making skills especially in regards to investigation of, and reporting on, civil infrastructure problems.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.